To preserve the look of your jewelry and to keep it looking like new for years to come, here are a few basics that should be followed.
Silver and chlorine just do not mix. The chlorine will in fact damage the Silver as it is acidic, same goes for bleach. If you go into a pool or a hot tub where Chlorine is present, any solder seams will show as a very dark black line due to the chemical reaction. Clean with toothpaste and/or baking soda with a soft cloth or old toothbrush and your jewelry will be as good as new.
- Long term exposure to Chemicals will cause "pitting". Preventing tarnish or pitting is easy. Remove all jewelry before showering, swimming or washing dishes.
- Don't wear during sports activity since you could risk damage.
- Because of the Copper content in Sterling Silver some may experience discoloration on their finger. I have found that the PH levels in your skin can actually cause this discoloration at times and could indicate high levels of acid in your skin.
I am not responsible for damage caused to your jewelry due to improper care.
If you're interested in insuring your jewelry, please visit Jewelers Mutual for a free quote.